Jobs In Canada
Your course must have been with an Australian education provider who is registered on CRICOS and offers degree-level programs.
CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA
Canada Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is issued to eligible overseas individuals to work in that country for a specific time period.
People need to apply for a Work Visa only after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer. The employer must obtain from ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada) an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), which gives them permission to recruit foreign skilled workers for occupations that cannot be filled in by citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
As one of the world’s leading economies Canada is a great destination for individuals seeking to work abroad. The Canadian Work Permit Visa allows business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students and others to work in Canada. Typically, applicants need to have a job offer in hand in order to apply for the work permit visa. With our end-to-end overseas career solutions, Y-Axis can help you find a job and apply for a Canadian Work Permit Visa.
Book an Appointment
CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA DETAILS:
Every year more than 300,000 individuals are granted permits to work in Canada. This is a huge opportunity for foreign workers seeking to make a better life. Under the Canada Work Permit Visa you can:
ELIGIBILITY FOR CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA:
Applicants need to show proof that they are eligible to take up the job offer. To apply for a Canada Work Permit from India, you need to meet certain requirements. Documents need to be submitted in either English.
The Canada Work Permit Visa is ideal for temporary workers, foreign graduates from Canadian universities, businessmen and others who need to work in Canada.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA
Applicants should also be able to convince immigration officials that they would return to their home country after the end of their employment.
Different types of work permits:
There are two types of work permits given by Canadian authorities- open work permit and an employer-specific work permit. An open work permit basically allows you to work for any employer. This visa is not job-specific, so applicants do not require the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or an offer letter from an employer who has paid the compliance fee.
With an open work permit you can work for any employer in Canada except for those companies that do not comply with labor requirements or are involved in services like escort services, erotic massage or exotic dancing.
The employer-specific work permit as the name suggests is a permit that allows you to work for a specific employer.
While the employer-specific work permit pertains to a single employer, the open work permit can come with certain conditions which will be written on it. These include:
Holders of the following visas can apply for an Open Work Permit:
Conditions for the open work permit:
- Proof of financial resources that can support yours and your family’s stay in Canada during the work permit validity
- Proof that you have no history of a criminal record
- Proof that you are in good health
- Willingness to adhere to the conditions of your work permit even if you are given a restricted work permit
- Meet eligibility conditions such as language skills, biometric data, and insurance
DEPENDENT WORK VISA
The government of Canada allows immigration for family members under the dependent work permit category.
Bringing dependents on a work permit
You may be entitled to have your spouse and children join you in Canada if you obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer and have an open work permit.
Your children will be eligible to attend Canadian educational institutions without having to get separate study permits. Your spouse will also be able to apply for an open work permit so that they can work in Canada.
WHO CAN BE INCLUDED ON A DEPENDENT VISA?
Some members of a family such as a spouse or children can be included in the dependent visa application to Canada, whereas parents and grandparents must be sponsored by permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
The sponsors must promise to support and accompany the family member or relative for a period of 3 to 10 years to ensure that they are well-settled in Canada.
Family members eligible under Canada’s Dependent Work Permit are:
- Spouse, spousal or common-law partners over the age of 16
- Both parents and grandparents
- Dependent children, including adopted children
- Children under 18 whom you’d like to adopt
- Siblings, nephews and nieces, children under 18, orphans and unmarried
- Other relatives who reside in or outside Canada
Children are dependent on the following criteria:
- Children younger than 22, unmarried or without a common-law partner
- Children who have become a spouse / common-law partner before they reach the age of 22 and are highly dependent on parents for financial assistance
- Children who are financially dependent on parents until they reach age 22 due to a certain physical impairment
DEPENDENT VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
You will need to include the following to sponsor your family members for Dependent Visa for Canada
- Recorded evidence of your financial condition and cash flow over the past 12 months to prove you are financially stable and capable to support your family.
- If you are sponsoring a Canadian Dependent Visa for your child then he or she,
- Must be younger than 22 years
- Should be able to show that they rely on you financially
- If your child is unable to earn his or her own money for some reason, either physically or mentally, then you can sponsor him after giving enough proof of the same
- The child should be either your biological or adopted child
- To prove your relationship, you will need to provide a birth certificate or adoption certificate
- The child will need to undergo a medical and criminal test and may be prevented from entering the country if a criminal record or medical condition that is likely to be contagious or cause an epidemic has been found to be present.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR DEPENDENTS
- Passport & travel history
- Background documentation
- Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
- Other proof of relationship
- Completed application & consulate fees
HOW MADHAV IMMIGRATION CAN HELP?
Madhav Immigration is one of the leaders in Canadian immigration and visa consulting services. Our teams have worked on thousands of Canadian visa applications and we have the knowledge and experience to help you throughout the process. Our services include:
- Complete visa application support
- Assistance with collecting supporting documentation
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Updates & Follow-up with the Consulate
- Job search assistance if required
Talk to a Madhav Immigration consultant to learn more about your options.